Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are you dizzy yet?

I've been pretty busy lately, so that is my explanation for the lack of blogging :)
I've had quite a bit of uni work on, though I'm not complaining, it's nice to enjoy it for a change. Last term I just wanted to give up and move to live with my sister, I didn't feel like there was any point in doing anything with out Dave. Glad to say I'm over that now.

I thought it would take longer to get through the breaking up with Dave thing, but I I've come to realise that I may have gotten off lightly. At 21 I was ready to give the rest of my life to that boy. I would literally have done anything for him. Now I can see that we had little in common and he wasn't really passionate about anything the way I am. I have my views on pretty much everything, and he seems to not care about a thing. I might be wrong, but 18 months with him and I still can't think of anything apart from music that he has an passion for. The music thing is good, but he still has no opinions except that this is good or that is bad. He seems to hate everything. I want to be with someone who is as passionate about something as I am about vegetarianism and the environment. It doesn't have to be the same things, just to have a drive to want to do something more with my life. I want to make a difference, however small. I want to be old and be able to say I impacted someone's life in some way.

Anyway. My uni work is grabbing my interest more. For our media this term, we're looking at how people have reacted to the 'chicken/egg' debate. Not which came first :P but whether to eat free range or battery, or not to eat eggs or chicken at all. I think this is something I can really get my teeth into. Finally.

I had lunch today with a new friend I made from the committees I sit on for my students union. I'm the charities officer for this year, so I'm hoping I can begin making a difference through this. I have tons of ideas, I just need people to help me implement them. A girl on my course suggested a sponsored hitch-hike, see how far we can get in 48 hours. I like that idea! Anyway, the lunch. We were supposed to be meeting in our office, but it was lunchtime, so we got coffee and a panini. We pretty much put the world to rights,, it was some of the most stimulating conversation I have had in a while!! About 18 months ;) It was nice to have someone to debate with, that doesn't think you're having a go at them if you express a difference in opinion. We had a good time, we chatted for about 3 hours, and I honestly don't know where that time went!! It was good :)

I'm pretty tired, and I have a presentation to give tomorrow, so I'm going to hit the hay, and expand on things more later. I hope everyone feels as good as I do.

Sweet dreams.
xx

No comments: